Who Celebrates the World Day?
Week for Holistic Welfare of Children
This year, Ramakrishna Mission and its partners observe the Global Week for Holistic Welfare of Children, which begins on November 14 and culminates on the Day of Prayer and Action for Children: November 20.
Activities throughout the week include:
- Positive Parenting awareness programmes—seminars, and discussions.
- Value Education programmes for children, parents and teachers, with competitions
- Children’s Rights—awareness programmes
- Environmental awareness and sensitization programmes
- Gender sensitization programmes
- Health & hygiene, nutrition of children and pregnant mothers
- Immunization programmes
- Programmes for children living with mental disabilities and children living with HIV
These programmes will take place throughout all 19 districts of West Bengal State, as well as in Gujarat State, centering round Rajkot and in active collaboration with the newly formed
Our partners in this Project / Programme are:
- In West Bengal State: Organization Of Friends, Energies and Resources (OFFER), a
Kolkata-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) working mainly to provide health care, residential rehabilitation, scientific maintenance and treatment for children with mental disabilities and children with HIV.
- In Gujarat State: Ramakrishna Math, Rajkot (our sister organization under the umbrella
of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, both headquartered at Belur Math in
West Bengal), through its Vivekananda Institute of Value Education and Culture,
- In Gujarat State: Children’s University, Gujarat, a newly formed innovative University
by the Government of Gujarat under State legislation for all around development of
Keywords: healthcare, positive parenting, values education, children’s rights, environmental awareness, gender