Who Celebrates the World Day?
World Day Observance in Nepal
World Day of Prayer and Action for Children 2011 will be celebrated in Nepal through an Interfaith Programm that will focus on the theme of “Stop Violence Against Children”. The members of GNRC Nepal will take part in four different Projects :
- Inter-faith interaction and awareness between students. At Hindu Vidyapeeth-Nepal School on Friday 18 November.
- Inter-faith Prayer – Shanti Sewa Ashram, involving seven main faith based and secular organizations, on Friday 18 November.
- Song, Poem & Art Competition that will take place in four different locations (schools and orphanages) on Saturday 19 November.
- Seeds of Peace in Shanthi Sewa Ashram
- Aasana Child Rehabilitation Centre (Orphanage) in Lamatar
- Children Peace Home in Dang
- Sunrise (orphanage) in Gokarna
- “Youth Society for Peace” interfaith youth conference, involving students and youth from various faith and schools on Sunday 20 November.
- informing/networking and motivating other organizations to celebrate DPAC at their own places
- mobilizing the media
- involvement of government agencies (Ministry of Education and Ministry of Women & Children)
**Each program will be 3 to 7 hours in duration organized by GNRC**
Keywowrds: Asia, Violence against Children, Baha’i, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Sikhism, violence against children
Date: November 18, 2011
Dr. Chintamani Yogi
Phone: +977 98510 92805